7 Energy Busters Hiding in Your Medicine Cabinet
Dear Turapür Today Reader,
A big part of aging well is having the energy and stamina to do all the things you love.
But for lots of seniors, just getting out of bed in the morning can be a challenge.
And if you want to know why so many seniors are feeling weaker or more exhausted than ever, prescription drug use is as good a reason as any.
Mainstream medicine hands out these drugs like candy, telling us they’re going to make us feel better.
But the fact is chronic fatigue is a major side effect for many of the most popular medications on the market today.
Here are seven drugs that may be leaving you tired all the time. If you’re taking any of them, schedule an appointment with your doctor to talk about alternatives:
- Blood pressure meds: Just about every blood pressure drug makes this list, from ACE inhibitors like Prinivil and Zestril to “water pill” diuretics.
- Statins: You might know these cholesterol-lowering drugs by brand names like Crestor, Lipitor and Zocor.
- Antibiotics: Fatigue is a common side effect for many antibiotics, possibly because they destroy the healthy bacteria in your gut. Your gut flora play a critical role in maintaining energy levels.
- Antidepressants: Fatigue and lethargy are major problems with antidepressant drugs, especially selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Prozac and Paxil. Some people claim to feel like “zombies” on the drugs. That’s especially ironic, as fatigue is a major symptom of the depression that the drugs are supposed to treat.
- Antihistamines: No surprise here, right? Antihistamines like Benadryl have been knocking people out for decades.
- Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs): This one may come as a bit of a surprise. But these stomach acid-blocking PPIs like Nexium, Prevacid and Prilosec can actually cause a magnesium deficiency that can result in major fatigue.
- Benzodiazepines: “Benzos” like Klonopin, Valium and Xanax are prescribed for anxiety and muscle spasms and to seniors. But they depress your nervous system, which can leave you feeling exhausted. For years, medical groups have been recommending against prescribing benzos to seniors, as they’ve been linked to everything from falls to memory loss. But they’re still pretty widely prescribed.
If you’re struggling with fatigue, take a quick inventory of the prescription drugs you’re taking. You may find that the answer has been staring you in the face all along.
Do you have feedback you want to share? Click here to drop us a line.
Text TURAPUR to 443‑312‑5450
Claim a 20% discount on any TURAPÜR product and other exclusive offers when you sign up for text messages now!
This Food Could Be Growing Deadly Tumors
This Food Could Be Growing Deadly Tumors
Are we literally FEEDING cancer cells by putting this one food on our dinner plates?
This is important. THIS one food could be growing cancer cells.
And here’s where it gets interesting… as soon as we STOP eating it, the opposite happens: cancer cells STARVE to death — and die out by the thousands.
Skeptical? See the evidence here.
Department of Research, Turapür Products
View More Free Articles
When it comes to ‘dirty’ air – or even air pollution – and your health, what comes to mind? Coughing… sneezing… allergies… asthma or other respiratory issues? Those are all certainly things that can happen if you breath in dirty air on a consistent basis. Now, you may also think that as long as you...
The COVID-19 pandemic feels like it is finally starting to show signs of slowing down – and perhaps finally entering the endemic stage (like the flu). But it doesn’t mean we are out of the woods yet… and it doesn’t mean we’re not continuing to learn more and more about the virus’ lasting impact on...
Let’s face it. You’re not yourself when you don’t get enough sleep. Just one bad night’s sleep can make you feel like the walking dead the next day. And if you suffer from poor sleep, chances are your friends, family, and even your doctor have all fed you a laundry list of ‘remedies.’ From sleep...
If you’re struggling to control your blood pressure, chances are your doctor hasn’t let you leave his office WITHOUT a prescription for a blood pressure medication. From beta-blockers to ACE inhibitors, prescription-grade blood pressure medications come with a laundry list of side effects like headaches… joint pain… and even heart palpitations. And not to mention...
Did you know that nearly 100 MILLION Americans are considered to have high cholesterol? And what’s mainstream medicine’s predictable solution to this problem? It’s to prescribe you their favorite “magic pill.” You know… the one they swear will lower your cholesterol and give you amazing heart health? Yep, you guessed it – statins. Nearly one-third...
Take a moment and think of the dirtiest things in your home… What comes to mind? Your toilet… your floors… your bathtub… or maybe even your TV remote? Those can all certainly be riddled with germs and bacteria when not cleaned on a regular basis. But according to a new study, there’s something else in...
It’s a condition that affects nearly 50 million Americans… And nearly 30% of the WORLD population will experience some form of it during their lifetime. If you deal with this condition, you already know that some days feel like a small annoyance… while other days it practically drives you INSANE! There is a litany of...
When’s the last time you walked through the aisles of your local pharmacy and thought to yourself… THAT LOOKS DANGEROUS! You sure shouldn’t think that! After all, your pharmacy (or even the pharmacy aisle at your favorite big box store) is the one place you should feel confident there isn’t a danger to your health...
The COVID-19 pandemic is finally starting to show signs of slowing down… perhaps for good! And while a welcome return to normalcy sure does feel good… It doesn’t mean that COVID won’t continue to be part of our lives for the foreseeable future… and it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t continue to take steps to keep...
Alzheimer’s disease is ravaging the lives – and independence – of older Americans every year. And it’s showing no signs of slowing down. In fact, it’s estimated that nearly 6 MILLION Americans over the age of 65 are living with Alzheimer’s right now… with that number expected to skyrocket to 14 million by the year...