7 Energy Busters Hiding in Your Medicine Cabinet
Dear Turapür Today Reader,
A big part of aging well is having the energy and stamina to do all the things you love.
But for lots of seniors, just getting out of bed in the morning can be a challenge.
And if you want to know why so many seniors are feeling weaker or more exhausted than ever, prescription drug use is as good a reason as any.
Mainstream medicine hands out these drugs like candy, telling us they’re going to make us feel better.
But the fact is chronic fatigue is a major side effect for many of the most popular medications on the market today.
Here are seven drugs that may be leaving you tired all the time. If you’re taking any of them, schedule an appointment with your doctor to talk about alternatives:
- Blood pressure meds: Just about every blood pressure drug makes this list, from ACE inhibitors like Prinivil and Zestril to “water pill” diuretics.
- Statins: You might know these cholesterol-lowering drugs by brand names like Crestor, Lipitor and Zocor.
- Antibiotics: Fatigue is a common side effect for many antibiotics, possibly because they destroy the healthy bacteria in your gut. Your gut flora play a critical role in maintaining energy levels.
- Antidepressants: Fatigue and lethargy are major problems with antidepressant drugs, especially selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Prozac and Paxil. Some people claim to feel like “zombies” on the drugs. That’s especially ironic, as fatigue is a major symptom of the depression that the drugs are supposed to treat.
- Antihistamines: No surprise here, right? Antihistamines like Benadryl have been knocking people out for decades.
- Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs): This one may come as a bit of a surprise. But these stomach acid-blocking PPIs like Nexium, Prevacid and Prilosec can actually cause a magnesium deficiency that can result in major fatigue.
- Benzodiazepines: “Benzos” like Klonopin, Valium and Xanax are prescribed for anxiety and muscle spasms and to seniors. But they depress your nervous system, which can leave you feeling exhausted. For years, medical groups have been recommending against prescribing benzos to seniors, as they’ve been linked to everything from falls to memory loss. But they’re still pretty widely prescribed.
If you’re struggling with fatigue, take a quick inventory of the prescription drugs you’re taking. You may find that the answer has been staring you in the face all along.
Do you have feedback you want to share? Click here to drop us a line.
This Food Could Be Growing Deadly Tumors
Are we literally FEEDING cancer cells by putting this one food on our dinner plates?
This is important. THIS one food could be growing cancer cells.
And here’s where it gets interesting... as soon as we STOP eating it, the opposite happens: cancer cells STARVE to death -- and die out by the thousands.
Skeptical? See the evidence here.
Department of Research, Turapür Products
View More Free Articles
Dear Turapür Today Reader, Let’s face it. Fighting type 2 diabetes and high blood sugar is 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week BATTLE. And if you or a loved one suffer from type 2 diabetes, you already know the toll it can take on your body… and mind. Your doctor and the pharmaceutical companies have told you the ‘cure’ for your diabetes...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, We all have someone dear to us who’s battled through cancer… or is in the midst of the fight right now. It could be a life-long friend… a close relative… or even yourself! And that’s why you take the necessary steps to STOP cancer before it starts. You watch what you eat… you don’t...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, Let’s face it. You’re not yourself when you don’t get enough sleep. Just one bad night’s sleep can make you feel like the walking dead the next day. But according to new research, feeling grumpy and foggy is the LEAST of your problems when it comes to inadequate sleep. Because new research shows that...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, For years, Big Pharma has told us that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are perfectly safe. And they’ve kept that stance even though mountains of studies have linked these drugs to vitamin deficiencies, bone fractures, and even dementia. Well, folks… Big Pharma has done it AGAIN. Because now we know taking these drugs comes with...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, For years, the mainstream has told you that taking a daily aspirin can shield you against heart attack or stroke. And they’ve gone out of their way to let you know it’s safe. Well, it’s NOT. Because new research shows that daily aspirin can send your risk of dying from a deadly disease through...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, If you’re suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (RA), you know that some days can feel pretty bleak. The constant pain, tenderness, and swelling around your hands and feet can make even ordinary chores feel impossible. And with some of your most important joints out of commission, it can feel IMPOSSIBLE to pursue the active and...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, If you have type 2 diabetes – or even high blood sugar – mainstream medicine says there are only two ways to deal with it. Pump your body full of diabetes drugs… Or give you a laundry list of foods you CAN’T ever eat again! And with Thanksgiving dinner happening tomorrow, you’ll soon be...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, Let’s face it. As we age, we’re ALL looking for a little extra ‘boost’ to help us live our healthiest – and longest – lives possible. You get plenty of exercise… you eat well… and maybe you even take your vitamins. But even if you’re already living a healthy lifestyle, you’ll gladly take ANY...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, If you’ve ever struggled with trying to lose weight, you know how frustrating it can be. And no matter what diet you’ve tried in the past, countless nutritional ‘gurus’ always tell you one thing… Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Well, that may not be the case anymore! Thanks to some...
Dear Turapür Today Reader, For decades, mainstream experts have been shaking their fingers at us and warning of the ‘risks’ that comes with eating eggs. They’ve told you that eggs will clog your arteries, send your blood pressure through the roof… and that even the sight of an egg yolk with make your cholesterol skyrocket. But they’re dead...